Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey High School,

Just wanted to say hey, and that I miss you and everything. I miss those giant flower pots we used to sit on before class, and those stupid stretchy book covers we used to have. I miss the lunch table, and the way walking through the cafeteria made me feel awkward, like everyone in the whole room was staring at me even though there was no way in hell that they were.

And remember that time when I was late to Japanese because I was talking to Andrew and I fell up the stairs, and flew into class with a bloody hand while the pledge of allegiance was on.

Oh Andrew. I miss the way I used to feel just being around Andrew...even though he turned out to be bad news, and I hardly think about him anymore. But I do miss the days we used to skip class and think we were so bad ass. Or the first time we got high.

And the same way year book could get me excused for being late, I could tell my mom that the automated phone call was because we had a substitute that day, and THEY didn't know how to take attendance.

and pencil sharpeners.
and NO cell phones.
and bathroom passes.
and notes.

I guess I really just miss the way I was with my friends. How they were the world to me, attached at the hip, every Wednesday at hungry howies no matter what.

You see, I found this picture in my glove box the other day. Of me, Ashly, Steven, and Mike...and it was sorta heart breaking. Because I can't remember the last time I felt like that. Just hanging out and doing nothing...when my friends genuinely were my number one priority.

before debt, break ups, and bills. and careers...and busy busy schedules. Before you learned how to be malicious, jealous, and mean.

Damn Does it suck.

not saying that i'm not in a better place now. I mean I do have my own financial and personal freedom. I don't have rules or curfews.

but, it was just so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment